Smoke Alarm Installation & Maintenance Burleigh
Smoke Alarm Installation & Maintenance Burleigh Heads
ATTENTION REAL ESTATE AGENTS & HOME OWNERS
By law, you are required to install and maintain smoke detectors in each and every property.
Luckily, Oceanside Services have you covered! Call 07 5520 7100 or email email@example.com today for a free no obligation quote.
- Smoke alarm installations
- Smoke alarm repairs & maintenance
- Photoelectric smoke alarms which comply with Australian Standard (AS) 3786-2014
- Rental property certification
- Qualified licensed electricians
- Security for your family and assets
Changes to smoke alarm legislation in Queensland are rolling out. This applies to:
- New dwellings and dwellings being substantially renovated – From 1 January 2017
- Dwellings being sold, leased or an existing lease is renewed – From 1 January 2022
- For existing dwellings – From 1 January 2027
Smoke alarms in all dwellings must:
- be photoelectric (AS 3786-2014); and
- not also contain an ionisation sensor; and
- be less than 10 years old; and
- operate when tested; and
- be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together.
Smoke alarms must be installed on each storey:
- in each bedroom; and
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
*Smoke alarms must be either hardwired or powered by a non-removable 10-year battery.
If you want to know more about how the legislation affects you, visit the Queensland Fire & Emergency Services website.
A smoke alarm is a very basic but essential safety feature for all homes. They literally save lives and protect your most important assets from being damaged or destroyed by a fire. Smoke detectors have the advantage of being able to detect smoke from a fire well before a person could, especially if asleep.
Did you know the risk of death from fire is up to three times higher in homes without smoke detectors? This is why it’s extremely important that they are installed in your home or workplace and serviced regularly by a professional.
Your search for the smoke alarm specialists in Burleigh Heads ends here!
For installation advice specifically related to your home or office design and layout, our electrical team can advise you on the best locations for all smoke detectors and create a comprehensive plan to ensure the safety of your home and family.
Would you like peace of mind? Be sure to get your smoke alarms checked and serviced regularly by your local Burleigh Heads electricians – Oceanside Services. We’re the smoke alarm experts!
Smoke Alarm Installation & Maintenance Burleigh | Oceanside Services